SPEP is seeking a dynamic and passionate leader who will guide the school in its mission to educate and nurture young children, serve families, and create a vibrant and engaging faculty environment. The Head of School will be charged with enthusiastically fostering a community where everyone – parents, faculty, and parishioners – participates in the intellectual, social, spiritual and emotional development of young children.
Although SPEP itself was founded in just 2020, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church has supported early childhood education programs for more than 70 years. This year, SPEP has been led by an Interim Head who presided over the unification of two previously separate programs — one for children ages 3 through 5, and one for children 18 months through 3 years old.
We are now seeking a permanent Head of School who will continue the work of integrating and building community and connections between and among families, teachers, and programs, and between the school and church communities.
The school currently operates September through June from 9:00 am to 12 pm, but we would like to identify ways to expand programs to fill needs of parents and families.
- Managing daily operations and activities including hiring and supervising staff, curriculum, financials, budgeting, marketing, recruiting, admissions, facilities, policies, and licensing.
- Leading and inspiring the faculty to innovate in the classroom, strive for continued personal and professional growth and development, and build on successful programs.
- Reviewing and refining the age-appropriate curriculum and guiding teachers in its implementation.
- Developing and implementing programs to promote SPEP to attract and retain a diverse student body.
- Collaborating with faculty, parents, and the parish to evaluate, improve, and strategically plan for the school based on best practices in early education.
- Partnering with the Rector and other parish leaders to assure strong, mutually supportive, collegial and healthy relationships.
- Working closely with the SPEP Board of Directors to cultivate relationships in support of development efforts to enhance current and future programs.
- Infusing the SPEP community with a love of God and sustaining Christian values in the Episcopal tradition.
- Maintaining a ministry of presence in the church as well as the school.
- Continue to build the school into a cohesive and integrated program.